Ji's Lean Beef Burgers
- Ready in: 15 minutes
- Serves: 7
- Complexity: very easy
- 1 Kg Heart Smart Mince
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Packet of Hamburger Helper
- 1/4 Jar SPC Plum Sauce
I have to say, I can attribute this recipe to my dad, Bob Cottrill, who used to make these burgers in my childhood. They were awesome. They were a highlight of my eating career. They were also using a lot of extras that were not pertinent to fat loss or bodybuilding.
So I changed them. Sorry Dad! And I renamed them, with my name claiming invention!
These burgers are a great combination of lean heart smart mince, oriental plum sauce, hamburger helper, and red onion. They work fantastic as just rissoles to be added to a salad, or in to a bread roll as a post workout meal!
- Put all ingredients in to a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly
- Shape into patties of individual size - I prefer 70-80g so that 2 = a serving!
- Fire up the BBQ and drop the hood to get temperature up to super hot
- Place patties on the grill, and drop the hood to enable even cooking.
- Once patties start to develop a nice caramelisation on one side, flip and repeat until burgers are cooked through, without overcooking.