Asian Sesame Salad
- Ready in: 20 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- Cucumber - 3 Cups halved and seeded
- Carrots - 2 cups sliced
- Green Onion (Scallion) - 1/2 Cup
- Red Bell Pepper - 1/2 cup chopped
- Ginger - 1 tbsp. sliced and finely chopped
- White Toasted Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- Vinegar - 1/3 cup
- Sesame Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - optional
- Slice your cucumbers in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and centre portion so you are left with a concave half-moon shape, and then chop it into thin slices.
- Chop red peppers into very small squares.
- Chop carrots into slices (small carrots or baby carrots).
- Combine cucumbers and all other ingredients in a salad bowl, toss and serve, or refrigerate and serve chilled.
Sesame seeds may be toasted first in a skillet until they are browned, then sprinkled on top as the finishing garnish.