Mediterranean Pan Sauteed Vegetables
- Ready in: 6 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Complexity: very easy
- Brown Onion
- Egg Plant
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Crushed Garlic
- Rice Bran Oil
- Smoked Paprika
Here's a great recipe that utilises some old school Italian / Mediterranean combinations of vegetables, with some spices, and quick and easy to sautee up when in a hurry!
Robust flavours, low calorie, extremely easy to make (I could teach a chimpanzee to make this meal!!), this meal works well on it's own, or as a side dish with a chicken breast, fish fillet or steak!
- Dice all vegetable ingredients
- Heat fry pan and oil to medium/high heat until a sizzle begins if you drip water in the pan
- Add vegetables & garlic and toss to coat in oil.
- Sautee until onions become a little transparent, and colour starts to form on the remaining vegetables
- Add smoked paprika and toss through until the vegetables are completely covered.
- Continue to cook for another minute
- Serve warm by itself, or with grilled chicken, fish or steak
As a post workout meal you could place the vegetables on a crusty slice of italian bread and drizzle with a little balsamic oil (true italian style!!)